I am currently on holidays in beautiful New Caledonia. Since our first baby is due in 19 weeks, we thought we had better have a nice holiday away, and where better to have a relaxing trip than a beautiful tropical island?!
Needless to say I came prepared with 7 books for my 2 week holiday. I had thought that I was maybe going a little overboard but so far it is proving perfect. These are the books I have bought with me:
- The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
- The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien
- The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
- Dumb Witness by Agatha Christie
- The Third Pig Detective Agency by Bob Burke
- The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham
- The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall
So that's my answer - when on holidays I usually read re-reads, easy reads or reads I know I won't be able to put down.
I know a lot of people like to use the excessive reading time to get stuck into something big and challening, but I much more into giving my mind as well as my body a break while I am on holidays.