Just for fun, here are my answers:
• borrowed from the library? The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
• bought? Shakespeare by Bill Bryson (gotta love Bill Bryson, he has me laughing hysterically every time)
• cried over? Flint and Roses by Brenda Jagger (The Barforth Trilogy are some of the best books of all time!)
• disliked and couldn’t finish? Tricky. Last book I abandoned was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. Not because I didn't like it; more because towards the end it just got too repetitive for me.
• read & loved? Flint and Roses by Brenda Jagger (it was the only book of the Barforth Trilogy I didn't read as a teenager and I can't believe I waited so long!)
• got for review? (or: got in the mail?) Again, Flint and Roses and The Sleeping Sword, both by Brenda Jagger (books 2 and 3 in the Barforth Trilogy).
• gave to someone else? The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie, which I leant to a friend who had never read a Christie novel before.
• stayed up too late reading? Last night, I stayed up an extra 30mins (that's big for me!) reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I forgot how wonderful that book is.