It's just a fun little Q & A to share things about ourselves. Join in and leave your link in the comments field!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? I am not fussed, if I have left them open in the morning, then I'll sleep with them open. If I remember to close them in the morning, then I'll sleep with them closed.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? I used to when I was a bit younger, but not anymore. I am very fussy about what shampoo I use.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? In, I like to be all cozy. I am a very restless sleeper too, so I start with them tucked in and by the end of the night they are all over the place. If I started with them not tucked in who knows where they would end up!
4. Would you rather be attacked by a bear or a swarm of bees? Bees. Definitely. But it reminds me of My Girl, which always makes me cry.
5. Do you have freckles? Yes. Lots of them, everywhere!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? People chewing gum. Yuk. It's one piece of food that just round and round in your mouth, picking up all the germs and bacteria. People look awful when they are chewing it, and they sound awful. I think it's a disgusting habit (sorry to everyone out there who chews gum).
7. Have you ever peed in the woods? Yep, many times! Camping - where else would you pee?!
8. Do you ever danced if there’s no music playing? Of course, although I am usually imagining the music in my head.
9. Do you chew your pens and pencils? I am a chronic pen chewer. I will chew them so that the pen disappears to half way down. I crack the casing between my teeth. All my pens and pencils are chewed to within an inch of their life. I go through so many pens because I chew the end so badly that the nib disappears up into the casing because the end is no longer stable enough to keep the inner pen in place.
10. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Yeah, anyone can wear what they like.
11. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? At home, tomato sauce all the way. I'm a true Aussie, we have tomato sauce with everything.
12. What is your favorite food? There's just too many to have a favourite. I love home made burritos, I love my mum's corned beef with white sauce and baked vegetables. I love caramello koalas too.
13. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Harry Potter movies, LOTR, the Princess Bride, Pride and Prejudice.
14. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? I was a brownie when I was young, but I never went to Guides.
15. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? No. Mainly because everyone would be horrified to see me naked. I don't want to scare anyone.
16. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope. I'm useless with things like that.
17. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Nope, but not for lack of speeding.
18. Ever ran out of gas? No, but nearly.
19. Are you lazy? Yes, but I try not to be.
20. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? We don't really celebrate Halloween in Australia. It's an American holiday. As Australia tries to copy America more and more (a whole other issue), it has become a bit bigger. I went to my first Halloween party last year for example. But when I was a child Halloween wasn't celebrated here. I was raised in a very traditionally Australian white middle class family, so anyone that celebrated Halloween was looked down upon. My mother is still very staunchly anti-Halloween because of the attitude that many share that there is no need to for Australian's to celebrate Halloween just because Americans do. I'm not that fussed either way but I get where she's coming from.
21. How many languages can you speak? Just English. My family-in-law are native Spanish speakers, but I don't know how to say anything much more than hello, good bye, how are you, I'm good and can I please have a cup of tea.
22. Who is better…Leno or Letterman? Again, they aren't normal tv viewing here. Letterman used to be on really late at night, but I've never seen Leno and only seem Letterman a couple of times.
23. Do you sing in the car? All the time.
24. Ever eat a pierogi? I have no idea what that it, but I will Google it.
25. First concert? Alannis Morriset, with parental supervision, at the Hordern Pavilion when I was in about Year 7 or 8. My first unsupervised concert would have been the Free Tibet Concert at the old showgrounds, when I was in about year 9.
And that's it, that's me!! I hope I get to read about the rest of you :-)